National Police chief Gen. Idham Aziz, before all police personnel, made it clear on July 1 that every one of them has the same chance of becoming the next police chief. With that out of the way, he said he expects the police force to remain focused on serving the country.The former chief detective, who will retire in January next year, also warned them not to fall for any false information that suggests otherwise.“There will be a storm of false information coming from all directions. Do not fall for that, keep doing what you do best as policemen,” Idham said during a virtual event that was live streamed to commemorate the 74th anniversary of the National Police on July 1, formally known as Bhayangkara Day, as quoted by Antara news agency.Idham’s speech on his replacement was deemed necessary to minimize the heated tension that usually emerges from the … National-Police chief Idham-Azis LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Log in with your social account Forgot Password ? Google Facebook Topics : Linkedin
FossielvrijNL, an environmental pressure group, has accused Dutch healthcare scheme PFZW of going back on its original plans to reduce its stake in fossil fuel investments.In 2015, the €238bn pension fund announced it would divest most of its holdings in coal, while reducing its fossil fuel portfolio by 30%, within five years.FossielvrijNL said that participants and pensioners of PFZW had found that the scheme’s combined investments in the fossil fuel sector had nevertheless increased 14%.It noted that the scheme still had €3.7bn worth of investments in fossil fuel companies, predominantly oil and gas firms. Four of them accounted for the highest carbon emissions worldwide, it claimed.The pressure group noted that, whereas the Dutch government closed coal-fired power plants, coal companies in PFZW’s portfolio intended to build new power plants worldwide.FossielvrijNL has asked the fund to exclude fossil fuels from its investment universe, cease investment in coal by 2021 and divest both from oil and gas holdings no later than 2024.It added that a petition with these demands had already been signed by 1,700 workers in the healthcare sector.In a response, PFZW stated that it wanted to encourage the transition to a sustainable energy system by being an active shareholder.It said it had committed to reducing carbon emissions by 50%, rather than halving its financial stake in fossil fuels, adding that it had already achieved a reduction of 40%.The healthcare scheme attributed the 14% rise of its holdings in fossil fuel firms to “high returns” of the investments.Explaining its approach, it said that it aimed to sell its stake in the biggest CO2 emitters in the sectors energy, utility companies and materials, “where we can achieve by far the largest gain”.It said that in the past five years, it had sold 250 of the most polluting fossil fuel companies in favour of investment in frontrunners on sustainable energy, in particular in the sectors materials and electricity firms.
Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Offshore Energy Today, established in 2010, is read by over 10,000 industry professionals daily. We had nearly 9 million page views in 2018, with 2.4 million new users. This makes us one of the world’s most attractive online platforms in the space of offshore oil and gas and allows our partners to get maximum exposure for their online campaigns. If you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today contact our marketing manager Mirza Duran for advertising options. Australian oil and gas company Santos has said it has successfully drilled the Corvus-2 appraisal well confirming “a significant gas resource” in the Carnarvon Basin, offshore Western Australia.Noble Tom Prosser rig / Image source: Noble CorporationThe well, located in petroleum permit WA-45-R, in which Santos has a 100 percent interest, is approximately 90 kilometers northwest of Dampier.The Corvus-2 well intersected a gross interval of 638 meters, one of the largest columns ever discovered across the North West Shelf, Santos said. The well reached a total depth of 3,998 meters.Wireline logging to date has confirmed 245 meters of net hydrocarbon pay across the target reservoirs in the North Rankin and Mungaroo formations, between 3,360 and 3,998 meters.Higher permeability zones than encountered in Corvus-1 have been observed from initial pressure sampling completed in the well. Compared to Corvus-1, initial samples acquired from Corvus-2 indicate a significantly higher Condensate Gas Ratio of up to 10 bbl/mmscf and a similar CO2 content of 7 percent, Santos added.Corvus-2 is approximately three kilometers southwest of Corvus-1, which was drilled in 2000. The water depth at the location is 63 meters. The field is approximately 28 kilometers from the Reindeer platform, which delivers gas to the Devil Creek domestic gas plant near Karratha, and about 62 kilometers to a Varanus Island tie-in point. Santos has a 100 percent interest in all these facilities.The well was drilled using the jack-up drilling rig, Noble Tom Prosser, and will be plugged and abandoned as planned once logging operations are completed.Santos Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Gallagher said: “Corvus-2 has delivered a fantastic result and has opened up a number of additional exploration opportunities in the region. It is particularly exciting to have realized higher liquids content and significantly bigger resource volume than we expected.”“Corvus could be tied back to either our Devil Creek or Varanus Island gas plants, where it has the potential to increase the utilization of our existing facilities as well as provide backfill and extend plateau well into the 2030s.”“It’s a great start to our 2019 offshore drilling campaign, and it also highlights the value of the Quadrant acquisition and our strategy of pursuing upstream brownfield growth opportunities around existing infrastructure. The rig will now move north to commence the Dorado appraisal program,” Gallagher said.WoodMac: Corvus is Carnarvon basin’s largest gas discovery in a decade Commenting on Santos’ announcement on Tuesday, Wood Mackenzie senior analyst Daniel Toleman said: “Based on limited information, our initial estimate is a 2.5 tcf gas and 25 mmbbl condensate resource. This will be the largest gas discovery in the Carnarvon basin since the Satyr-4 exploration well drilled by Chevron in 2009.“Santos’ stated 254m net pay is indicative of a very large gas resource in place, but recoverable volumes will be dependant on the size of the structure, area extent and sand thickness.“Santos suggested that Corvus will supply the domestic market. The field is near to Santos’ Reindeer development and if the resource comes in over 2 tcf, we believe Santos will explore opportunities to export the gas as LNG. This is due to Corvus’ proximity to the Burrup Peninsula, and a well-supplied domestic market in the short-to-medium term.“The North West Shelf has LNG production capacity available from 2021. The Corvus discovery could fill this ullage. If an LNG backfill development is to progress, we expect Santos will look to sell down, as it currently holds 100% in the find. One of the North West Shelf partners would be a logical entrant.“Quadrant’s exploration portfolio is shaping up to be a good buy for Santos. Dorado was the third largest oil discovery in Western Australia’s history and Corvus is likely to be Santos’ largest offshore gas discovery ever.”Offshore Energy Today Staff
We will be voting on the following 2017 Season/Year positions. If you want to run for one of these positions, please email us your name by Tuesday 8pm. You must be present at the meeting on January 4th & be able to attend monthly meetings.Freshman TrusteeSophomore TrusteeJunior TrusteeSenior Trustee 7th Grade Class Rep 8th Grade Class Rep EC FOOTBALL BOOSTERS EC Football Boosters Meeting Wednesday, January 4th @ 6:30 pm in ECHS Cafeteria. SAVE THE DATESEC Football Boosters 2017 ANNUAL MULCH SALESell Dates – 2/6/17 – 3/3/17Delivery Dates – 4/12/17 – 4/13/17All players are required to participate in this fundraiser!* Start asking your Family, Friends or local businesses in the coming months so you are prepared!(HINT: Ask a current Senior who their customers are so you can serve them in 2017!)* This fundraiser is offered so you can fund your spirit pack 100% (Spirit packs are required by Coach Roden) Happy New Year Trojan Football Players, Parents & Fans!
Laurel, In. — An Oldenburg man was injured in a Thursday crash in Franklin County.Franklin County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a single car accident on Bullfork Road near Davison Road at 3:49 p.m. At the scene, Zachary Roberts, 22, told police he swerved to avoid hitting a person when he left the roadway and struck an embankment.Roberts was transported to Margaret Mary Health for treatment. There is no other information about the pedestrian.
Having featured in 35 of West Bromwich Albion’s 37 Championship games before the pandemic, Semi Ajayi is likely to feature when Slaven Bilic’s side host Birmingham City on Saturday. Loading… Despite the hiatus, the Albion are expected to defeat the visitors, who were winless in six games prior to football’s suspension.Advertisement read also:Ajayi: I have made up my mind on Nigeria However, two losses in their last four at The Hawthorns gives Birmingham a bit of hope of getting a creditable result. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Photo: Indiana AgriNewsGreensburg, In. —The Wenning family farm operation in Decatur County has received the “22nd Indiana Family Farm of the Year Award.” Roger, Mary Beth Wenning, son Nick Wenning, his wife Julie and their children, Josie and Henry, daughter Lisa Nesbit and her children, Kendal and Kelsey, and Roger’s sister, Marota Field maintain a 600-acre, 100-percent no-till corn, soybean and wheat production operation.The farm has diversified over the years by adding feeder calves, cover crop seed sales and an excavation and drainage business.For the past 10-years the Wennings have hosted hundreds of area farmers for soil health field days on their property.
Arsenal can head into the new campaign with real belief they will be able to mount a sustained assault on the Barclays Premier League title, according to chief executive Ivan Gazidis. Press Association Having brought in veteran goalkeeper Petr Cech from the champions, Arsenal have again signalled their intent to build on FA Cup success and so close the gap on the Blues and Manchester City. Gazidis accepts while the Gunners may continue to face a somewhat uneven financial playing field, the squad should be positive of what they can achieve going forward. “We always have to do things better than our competitors, that is our challenge, b ut there is a real belief we can win the Premier League and compete to win major trophies in the next few years,” Gazidis said in an interview with Fox Sports Asia. Wenger is preparing for a 20th campaign in charge of the Gunners. Gazidis believes the 65-year-old Frenchman, whose last contact extension took him up to the summer of 2017, still has the appetite for more success following almost a decade without silverware before back-to-back FA Cup successes. “It is difficult to imagine anybody else could have done it as well as Arsene. I think Arsene has had tremendous support from the board and in return Arsene has really put the club first and made sure we progressed through that period and come out of it strongly,” the chief executive added. “I joke that we are developing our training ground and one of the things we are doing is putting a cryo-chamber in there and if we put Arsene in there we can preserve him for a little longer. “But he is in great shape – fit, enthusiastic, as hungry as ever and ambitious as ever, and he can see what is happening with this squad and he is very excited about the direction of travel so we aren’t thinking at all about changes. “Of course long-term you have to have the right infrastructures in place and a lot of work is going into that with Arsene’s support and involvement as he knows at some point – and I hope that will be far down the road – he will step aside and someone will step into his large shoes.” Wenger remains keen to add further quality to the squad before the end of the transfer window. Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema is one reported target, while Borussia Dortmund moved to warn Arsenal off any interest in Gabon international Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Midfielder Mathieu Flamini, meanwhile, is expected to join Galatasaray. Competition is set to be fierce for a place in the Arsenal starting XI next season, provided everyone remains fit. England midfielder Jack Wilshere is hopeful he can remain very much in contention following recent injury setbacks. He told Arsenal Player: “I have played two games (in Singapore) and there are another two games coming up next weekend after another tough week of training, so I am feeling good. “I think you feel better day by day. The fitness staff here are really good. They make the sessions individualised, so they know what you need in your position. “Each session gets harder and harder. I am feeling better and better and hopefully that can continue.” The Gunners have returned to London from a successful tour to the Far East where they won the Barclays Asia Trophy with an impressive 3-1 victory over Everton on Saturday. Arsene Wenger’s men will now step up their preparations for the start of the domestic season by hosting the Emirates Cup at the weekend, with games against Lyon and Wolfsburg, before the traditional curtain-raiser of the FA Community Shield against Chelsea at Wembley on August 2.
ELLSWORTH — The Pine Tree Wrestling League, which consists of 21 varsity middle school teams and independent representatives from 10 additional middle schools, held its championship meet Saturday at Skowhegan Area High School.Ellsworth’s Landon St. Peter won the 99-pound weight class in a major decision against Bucksport’s Kaleb Nightingale. Elsewhere for Bucksport, Travis Hutchinson reached 105-pound title bout, and Jaxon Gross won the consolation bracket at 155 pounds. Below is list of team scores.Mattanawcook Academy, 149.5Troy Howard, 128Mount Blue, 86Skowhegan, 86Bucksport, 78Medomak Valley, 71.5Bath, 69.5Mountain Valley, 59.5Oxford Hills, 58.5Oceanside, 50Mount Ararat/Brunswick, 48Nokomis, 45Dirigo, 32.5Ellsworth, 23Mount View, 23Hermon, 22Camden-Rockport, 16Surry, 16Cony, 15Gardiner, 10Spruce Mountain, 7Winslow, 5Oak Hill, 3Lawrence, 2Erskine Academy, 1Monmouth, 0Messalonskee, 0Beach Hill, 0Dedham, 0Hampden, 0Sugg, -1This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text
Kolkata: Legendary Indian striker Shyam Thapa, best remembered for his back volley in 1978, feels he is what he is today because of ‘magical’ coach P.K. Banerjee who breathed his last at a city hospital here on Friday.A pall of gloom descended on the footballing world in the country as one of India’s greatest players and coach succumbed to prolonged illness at the age of 83.As several former stars, belonging to the golden era of Indian football, mourned the death of a footballing colossus, Thapa said he would never have become a great striker without Banerjee’s guidance and famous ‘vocal tonic’.“I scored a goal dribbling past four Mohun Bagan defenders when I was at East Bengal in 1975. Pradip da was the coach. Yes, I scored the goal but you won’t believe how it was made possible by Pradip da. You have to see it to believe it. He was magical,” Thapa told IANS.Known for his famous back volley for Mohun Bagan against East Bengal in the 1978 Calcutta Football League, Thapa said the iconic goal which was part of Durga Puja celebrations that year in Bengal, was also to Banerjee’s credit. Banerjee had also jumped ship to Mohun Bagan by then after helping East Bengal win four of their six consecutive Calcutta Football Leagues during 1970-75.“It was a goal I am still told about. People see me on the streets and still recall that goal. But again, if you ask me that was also Pradip da’s credit. Not only the technical side, but his motivational talks also spurred me on. Not only me, ask anyone from the team or his teams. They will tell you,” said Thapa who was a regular in the Indian team from 1970-77.“I had played under Pradip da in the Indian team also. He was a true leader. I have not played under such a great coach, great human being and someone who always used to bring the best out of you. I am Shyam Thapa because I had Pradip Kumar Banerjee to guide me. He was my godfather,” he concluded.Former India midfielder and coach Gautam Sarkar, who was famously assigned to mark Pele during New York Cosmos’ 2-2 draw against Mohun Bagan in 1977, said Banerjee was the man behind modern coaching in India in the 1970s.“I am talking to you because of him. Ask anyone who has played under him, they all will echo me. I have never seen someone who can inspire players like him. ‘Vocal tonic’ is an art and he had mastered it,” said Sarkar who captained East Bengal and Mohun Bagan.“I have learned so much under him and just by seeing him you get motivated. I don’t want to demean anyone but since Pradip da, Indian football has not seen such a great coach, such a legendary footballing personality,” he added. IANSAlso Read: Shyam Thapa reveals sad state of Indian footballAlso Watch: Veterinary College in Guwahati creates hand sanitizers to fight the shortage of Sanitizers in Assam