Ray Wilkins claims Chelsea boss Antonio Conte blundered by leaving Cesc Fabregas out of his FA Cup final side.The Blues were denied a league and cup double as they were beaten 2-1 by Arsenal at Wembley on Saturday afternoon, but Wilkins believes it could have been a different story had the Spaniard been involved from the start.Instead, Conte preferred Nemanja Matic in the central midfield role alongside N’Golo Kante and the game was past the hour mark before former Gunner Fabregas was introduced into the action.And ex-Stamford Bridge player and coach Wilkins feels the decision to bench Fabregas, who has been in brilliant form in the closing weeks of the season, cost the Premier League champions.“You saw the Italian coach come out in Conte in that he went with two holding midfielders, rather than putting in the one who could create and open up Arsenal,” Wilkins said on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.“The game was crying out for Fabregas to be put on at half-time. He’s the one player who can open teams up with one pass and I would have played him.”Cesc Fabregas unhappy with FA Cup final snub and refuses to rule out summer exit
‘A bit surprised’He told the Road To Rio website: “I was actually a bit surprised by Bridge making it into the A-Final in the 500 because there are some 200 metres paddlers now filtering into the 500m distance and doing so well. The K4 combination went on to finish sixth in the semi-finals in a time of 1:43.054, which meant another B-Final on Sunday. The South African quartet then placed fourth in that B-Final, which was won by Great Britain ahead of the Czech Republic and Spain. The bubbly Hartley remained as optimistic as always afterwards, saying: “Thank you for all the positive energy and wishes for my race today. It was a tough race with good athletes! I had to settle for 8th overall.” SAinfo reporter Hogg broke new ground for South Africa by becoming the first South African para-canoeist to take part in a World Sprint Championships. “Her up-and-down year with being sick and not being able to train as hard as often as she did in the past was also a worry for me.” Para-canoeingPara-canoeist Stu Hogg was also in action, finishing eighth in his heat of the K1 men’s 200 metres (LTA), with victory going to Tom Kierey of Germany. “It was a really hard heat and a difficult class for me. Big thanks go to Craig Mustard and James Godden (management) for getting me this far, plus all the support from everyone. I’m keen to really work hard for next year and improve on my weaknesses.” That result put Hartley into the B Final on Sunday where she posted a slightly faster time, clocking 42.737 to finish in eighth place. South African sprint canoe queen Bridgitte Hartley continued her fight back to full fitness with an eighth place in the final of the women’s K1 500 metres at the ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships in Duisberg, Germany on Saturday. Marharyta Tsushkevich took the win 41.145, with Sarah Guyot of France and Rachel Cawthorn of Britain following her across the line. K4Hartley’s weekend had begun on Friday, when, as part of the newly formed South African women’s K4 combination, she, Tiffany Kruger, Esti van Tonder and Kerry Shuter posted a time of 1:39.191 in their heat. She posted a time of 2:02.626 seconds in the final, which was won by Hungary’s Danuta Kozak in a time of 1:57.395, with Germany’s Katrin Wagner-Augustin placing second in 1:58.300. 200 metresEarlier Hartley had placed fifth in the K1 200m semi-finals, clocking 42.850 seconds. The winner, Slovenia’s Spela Ponomarenko-Janic stopped the clock in 40.229 in the third of three semis. Hartley, who won a bronze medal in the event at the London Olympics in 2012, was earlier this year felled by a bout of chicken pox, which set back her training and racing schedule, so her placing outside of the medals did not disappoint team manager Craig Mustard. “Missed making it to semi-finals by one position,” he told Road to Rio after his race. “Trying to take only the positives from this year and build toward next year. 3 September 2013
The hair is terrific for marley twist if you want then to appear natural. The hair is 36 inches unfolded and eighteen inched when folded.Not undesirable, but it just isn’t soft and silky. There are other models that are comparatively far better.Soon after i washed and conditioned the braid, it was wonderful and it did the occupation.2nd time purchase (closest to my real hair texture). Ive ordered this just before and i enjoy it. Its quite close to my actual hair texture so its excellent for crochet, braids and twists. The only down aspect is it sheds a whole lot (crochet) but when you use it for braids or twists there is no shedding immediately after you have hooked up it to your hair. I plan to test a several other extensions but so significantly this seems to be like the ideal and most natural looking for me.2nd time purchase (closest to my real hair texture). Ive ordered this just before and i enjoy it. Its quite close to my actual hair texture so its excellent for crochet, braids and twists. The only down aspect is it sheds a whole lot (crochet) but when you use it for braids or twists there is no shedding immediately after you have hooked up it to your hair. I plan to test a several other extensions but so significantly this seems to be like the ideal and most natural looking for me. The hair is terrific for marley twist if you want then to appear natural. The hair is 36 inches unfolded and eighteen inched when folded.Not undesirable, but it just isn’t soft and silky. There are other models that are comparatively far better.If your hunting for braids that final and are straightforward to plait, search no further more. This hair is fantastic and lasts very long hunting the very same.If your hunting for braids that final and are straightforward to plait, search no further more. This hair is fantastic and lasts very long hunting the very same.Soon after i washed and conditioned the braid, it was wonderful and it did the occupation.Reviews from purchasers :2nd time purchase (Closest to my actual hair texture)
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest In a small window of opportunity with no rain, many farmers around Ohio are getting in the fields while the getting is good. Bradley Ott, Account Manager with DuPont Pioneer talks about all of the activities going on in the southwest part of the state as farmers try to get as caught up as possible after the onslaught of June rains.
QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort In the 12-minute video, the Fil-German forward showed the fans a glimpse of how his day went as he came from Hong Kong to Manila and back again after San Miguel made him the number one overall selection in this year’s draft.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutStandhardinger promised to release more vlogs in the future as he hopes to draw closer to his Filipino roots before playing in the PBA.“I’ll post more vlogs showing my life and tell the fans to subscribe to my channel,” he said. CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA Read Next Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf PLAY LIST 01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games LATEST STORIES Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ San Miguel selects Christian Standhardinger as the top overall pick in the 2017 PBA Draft. Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netWho would have thought that the top pick of the 2017 PBA Rookie Draft is also a techie?Christian Standhardinger launched a new YouTube channel and posted his first vlog on Saturday which documented his journey in the annual draft selection.ADVERTISEMENT Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Standhardinger is currently playing with Hong Kong Eastern Sports Club for the upcoming 2018 ASEAN Basketball League season before coming back here in the Philippines to debut for San Miguel Beermen midway in the next season. Namajunas ready for what comes next as UFC’s new superstar John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding View comments
Touch Football Australia (TFA) National Representative Teams and squads were involved in a series of camps and events around the Country on the weekend that led to widespread media coverage and massive promotional exposure for the code on a National scale.TFA fielded an Australian Women’s Invitational Team in the Harvey Norman Beach Footy Series at Sydney’s Maroubra beach on the 16-17 December 2006.The event featured six elite teams battling it out for $100,000 in prize money for their choosen charity.Four of the teams – The Blues, the Maroons, the Pacific Islanders, and the Young Guns comprised wall to wall National Rugby League superstars, whilst the Australian Women’s Invitational Beach Footy team, and a Celebrity Team headlined by Andrew Johns, and Anthony Mundine completed the stellar field.The event received massive media exposure in print, radio, and television mediums through broadcast partners Channel Nine, News Limited, and Nova FM, and the Women’s Beach Footy Team were featured prominantly.Among the media exposure TFA received was the front page story of a four page Beach Footy liftout in Sydney’s Daily Telegraph on Friday, live radio interviews with Women’s players and updates on Nova FM, and 2UE, exposure on several National network news bulletins, and Channel Ten’s Sports Tonight.Channel Nine taped the Beach Footy Series and it will be aired in late February/ early March in the lead-up to the NRL season kick-off.The Australian Men’s Open Team travelled to Rockhampton for their final training camp of their 2007 World Cup campaign and enjoyed saturation exposure from the local media.The Touch Football loving town rolled out the red carpet for Tony Trad’s men and the 3 game series against a Central Queensland combination that featured Rugby League superstar Benji Marshall turning out as an Invitational player for Central Queensland in the last game, received daily print and television coverage in the region.To cap off an exciting time promotionally for the sport, the Australian Open Women’s Team were featured on Channel Ten’s Sports Tonight program Sunday evening in an excellent piece on their record as arguably Australia’s most successful National Women’s sporting Team.The Aussie girls have won 45 World Cup games straight in a 19 year unblemished run in World Cup competition.A further piece on the Australian Men’s Open Team will be featured on Sports Tonight before all seven teams depart Australia’s shores bound for Stellenbosch, South Africa on January 13 2007.There will be media stories circulating in the lead-up to the World Cup on Australian representative players and Teams so keep your eyes peeled for World Cup stories around the nation in coming weeks.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Barcelona coach Valverde coy over plans for Chelsea striker Morataby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona coach Ernesto Valverde is coy over talk of a move for Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata this week.Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri fuelled speculation Morata could be set to depart Stamford Bridge when he told reporters on Friday: “If Morata will go to another club we will need a replacement.”Valverde was coy on Barcelona’s reported interest in the Spain international when he was asked directly about Morata ahead of Sunday’s visit of Eibar.”I can only say the same thing,” Valverde said. “That he’s a great player, that he’s at another team and that we respect that a lot.”
Semedo hails Barcelona fight-back to defeat Inter Milanby Carlos Volcano23 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNelson Semedo hailed Barcelona’s fight-back for their Champions League win over Inter Milan.Luis Suarez struck twice in the 2-1 victory.”We were strong enough to turn the result around,” said the Portuguese full-back. On Luis Suarez and Leo Messi, who scored or created the goals, he added: “They are two players who make the difference.”He also praised Arturo Vidal, who crossed for Suarez’s opener.”Arturo Vidal was really good, we’re used to the fight he gives and he was key in the team’s comeback.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
This past Sunday night, Louisville took down Northern Iowa to reach its fourth straight Sweet 16. Senior Wayne Blackshear also became the first Cardinals player in school history to play for four straight squads that reached the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament. Tuesday morning, the school attempted to celebrate the accomplishment by posting the statistic to its Facebook page. Unfortunately, they screwed up and named Blackshear as the only player in NCAA Division One history to accomplish the feat. That isn’t even close to true, as dozens of players in college basketball history to have reached the Sweet 16 four straight times.Kentucky fans, predictably, are having a field day, claiming that the school is perpetuating a “lie.”…. “And the lie detector test determined….THAT was a lie!” @KySportsRadio pic.twitter.com/D1uwIpmGoJ— Jeremy Kemble (@IAM4UKWILDCATS) March 24, 2015UL Athletics sends out a blatant lie today http://t.co/ZTni2u97L9— Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) March 24, 2015University of Louisville claims Wayne Blackshear is the first to appear in four Sweet 16 games. Kentucky has had seven players do that.— UK Cat Facts (@UK_CatFacts) March 24, 2015Regardless, Blackshear’s feat is quite impressive. Can we get a Kentucky vs. Louisville national championship game please?
APTN National NewsA Mohawk family living in Akwesasne is pushing to get the Ontario government to recognize traditional names.So far, the government has denied them.But they’re hoping that will change.APTN’s Annette Francis has the story.