Jam Cruise Reveals 2018 Dates, Destinations, & New Boat

first_imgThe 16th annual Jam Cruise has announced the preliminary details of the 2018 adventure. This year’s at-sea excursion will embark January 17th in Miami, Florida, and head to Roatan, Honduras and Grand Cayman Island, ending on January 22 back in Miami.Each year, Jam Cruisers fall in love with the boat that carries their dreams from show to shore. While last year’s experience downsized from the MSC Divina to the NCL Pearl, this year will bring another new ship to the forefront with the Norwegian Jade, the sister ship of the Pearl. The boat is roughly the same size, with a capacity of 8 additional passengers. Learn more about the ship here.Jam Cruise wants you to save the date & pre-book today! Just a $250 deposit per cabin gets you started. Pre-books are almost sold out – don’t miss your chance to be a part of our sweet sixteen voyage! Full lineup will drop Thursday, May 4.[photo via Keith Griner of Phierce Photo]last_img read more

Continue reading

Holder hails ‘smooth’ safety protocols

first_imgMANCHESTER, England, (CMC) – West Indies captain Jason Holder has praised the England and Wales Cricket Board for the safety protocols implemented for the upcoming Test series, saying Wednesday the Caribbean side felt “safe” after arriving here for the historic tour.He said having been flown from the Caribbean by private charter on Monday, the team had experienced a seamless transition from the airport to hotel, with little interaction with the public.The tour is taking place in the face of a global public health crisis triggered by the deadly COVID-19 pandemic that has already caused over 4 100 deaths in the United Kingdom.“I feel pretty safe. I must commend the ECB, they’ve been outstanding so far,” Holder told a media conference conducted via Zoom from Old Trafford here where the entire touring party has been quarantined for the next two weeks.“Arriving here in Manchester yesterday was pretty smooth. We just transitioned directly from the plane through a VIP arrival hall and then from there straight on the buses and directly to the hotel so we had no real interface with anyone from the public; obviously just the workers at the airport and here at the hotel as well.”The three-Test series will be the first of its kind to be played behind closed doors and under strict social distancing, health and sanitisation protocols.Players will be isolated from the public throughout the seven-week tour, first at the “bio-secure” Old Trafford facility and then at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton.The teams will return to Old Trafford for the final two Tests.Originally, the series had been carded for May but had to be postponed after the United Kingdom found itself in the grip of the COVID-19 pandemic.Negotiations between the ECB and Cricket West Indies resulted in the proposed series from July 8-28, with West Indies arriving a month prior to undergo the necessary quarantine and preparation.“Before coming here to England we all knew what was being posed,” Holder pointed out.“It was a situation of constant dialogue as to what a possible series would look like coming over here to the UK and at no point in time we forced anybody to come. Everybody had their free will. “I just think it’s a case where at some point or the other we had to resume some type of normalcy. We have been assured by the ECB that the relevant protocols have been put in place and so far since we’ve got here, everything has been smooth.”Holder, who oversaw the Windies’ capture of the coveted Wisden Trophy last year, said it was important that players adjusted to the new measures which were unavoidable across most sporting disciplines.“At the end of the day it’s not going to be the normal bilateral series here in England but at the end of the day this is where we are with the state of world cricket – state of the world per se,” he stressed.“I’ve been watching other sports on TV and it is different and no doubt it will be different but again, we’ve just got to get on with it and try to make the most of the circumstances in these trying times.”last_img read more

Continue reading

Victolero on Magnola’s finals loss: We gave it our all

first_imgDon’t miss out on the latest news and information. The Hotshots had San Miguel backed into a corner for three quarters, but they couldn’t pull off an underdog miracle against the rampaging defending champions, who showed tremendous heart and poise in Game 5 of the 2018 PBA Philippine Cup Finals.Magnolia led by as much as 23 and held a 74-60 lead heading into the fourth quarter before the four-peat seeking Beermen unleashed a maelstrom no magical wisp can stop.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownREAD: All heart: Beermen rally from 23 down, bag PBA Philippine Cup titleSan Miguel finished off the hard-fighting Hotshots, 108-99, after two overtimes in a game that brought out the best in Victolero and the respect from San Miguel’s multi-titled coach Leo Austria. No ordinary Sunday race Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina “As a coach, I can’t wish for anything more,” said Victolero after the Game 5 loss at Mall of Asia Arena. “We talked that we would all give our hundred percent, but I know we exceeded that and I know there’s no such thing as 101% but there it was.”The Beermen and the Hotshots pounded it out in the fourth quarter in the first extra time, before June Mar Fajardo and company found a second wind and outscoredy the Hotshots, 14-5, in the final five minutes.READ: Victolero still optimistic as Magnolia defense slows down San MiguelVictolero is also a first-timer in a Finals series, and to lead an undermanned team against the mighty Beermen was something Austria had to commend.“I have to give credit to coach Chito because they had a good game plan,” said Austria. “His entire coaching staff, I also have to congratulate them and I knew from the start they would be a contender.”ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Conor McGregor seeks to emerge from controversy in UFC comeback In Liverpool, Man United sees the pain and path to recovery LATEST STORIEScenter_img Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Scarlett Johansson, Sterling K. Brown among SAG Awards presenters MOST READ Cabuyao City rising above the ashes through volunteerism It could’ve been a Cinderella story, but Magnolia just didn’t have enough to get a happy ending.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Austria’s team first held the lead after Arwind Santos’ opening basket, 2-0, and only took it back in the second overtime when June Mar Fajardo gave them a 96-94 buffer.“They gave it all, and there’s nothing to be ashamed off,” said Austria of the Hotshots.READ: Victolero vows Magnolia won’t stop looking for ways to beat San MiguelVictolero’s team in the finals had no Marc Pingris and Justin Melton, two players who both have championship experience after helping the then San Mig Coffee Mixers to the 2014 Grand Slam.Although Victolero never used his team’s injuries as an excuse, that was the reality that he was dealt with.“I’m very proud of my players because they moved on [from Pingris and Melton’s injuries] and everybody stepped up,” said Victolero. “We entered the finals, played a very good team in SMB but because of our lack of experience, we couldn’t make it through.”Victolero, accepting the fact that they lost, had nothing to do but hope that their fairy tale will have another chapter in the next conferences.“Hopefully we can get back to this level in the next conference, we will just work hard to achieve our goal,” added Victolero. Recto seeks to establish Taal rehab body to aid community, eruption victims View commentslast_img read more

Continue reading