CSM Bakery Solutions has launched a new range of American sweet bakery mixes, including muffins, brownies and doughnuts.Launched under CSM’s Henry & Henry brand, first introduced in 1889, the ‘Original American Sweets’ range is described as “easy to use and versatile” for bakers, cafes and caterers looking to create classic American baked treats.The mixes (see full list below), require the addition of eggs, oil and water and are multi-purpose so can be used to create cupcakes, loaf cakes and tray bakes.The move follows increased demand for USA specialities such as doughnuts and brownies, which have grown hugely in popularity in the UK in recent years, according to CSM.“American treats are hugely popular within the UK and we hope our new range will help cafes, caterers and bakers to create an indulgent range of treats with minimal effort,” said Margarethe Schneeweis, category marketing leader, pastry mixes Europe at CSM.“Our point of sale kits are available for each of the mixes as part of a promotional offer, including recipe booklets, tulip muffin cases, loaf cake and round cake cases and muffins picks so businesses can make the most of the delicious range and drive sales.”The full range comprises:American Muffin and Cake Mixes in plain and darkAmerican Plain Muffin & Cake Mix (15kg)American Dark Muffin & Cake Mix (15kg)American Toffee Cake Mix (10kg)American Brownie (10kg)American Donut 50 (16kg)American Icings – Milk, Dark and White (5kg)Chocolate Chunks – Milk, Dark and White (5kg)
The Morris Inn will undergo five months of dining renovations beginning in November, the University announced in a press release Thursday.Rohr’s restaurant will receive a number of expansions, including a new bar, “increased intimate seating for small groups” and an “elevated focus on food and beverage offerings,” the release said.“Building off the enthusiasm and high demand of Rohr’s, the University will create one restaurant that celebrates the tradition and spirit of Notre Dame in an approachable, upscale, casual and social environment, with a focus on service and fresh and modern food,” Joe Kurth, senior director of the Morris Inn, said in the release.According to the release, the updated restaurant will combine the dining space of both Rohr’s and Sorin’s and is set to open next spring. During the renovations, temporary dining options will be made available — including expansions to room service — and will pilot new foods and beverages. The Smith Family Ballroom and other dining rooms will stay in operation.The Notre Dame community will be polled for input on other potential improvements for the inn, including open hours, prices and menu offerings, the release said.Tags: dining options, Morris Inn, renovation
WNY News Now / MGN Stock Image.JAMESTOWN – One new case of COVID-19 was reported Monday in Chautauqua County.Officials say there are now 75 confirmed cases, including the new case of a female in her 30s.There are now 28 active cases, including 4 hospitalized cases, that up from one Sunday.So far 43 cases have recovered. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
The four recipients will be presented with the award on June 10 at Equity’s Eastern Regional Board meeting. Boyer received a Lucille Lortel Award for his performance as Jason and in Hand to God. He made his Great White Way debut in I’m Not Rappaport and has appeared off-Broadway in The Explorers Club, Modern Terrorism, Hand to God, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Ugly One, School for Lies, The Coward and Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson. Bashor makes her Broadway debut in The Bridges of Madison County as Marian and Chiara, in addition to understudying the role of Francesca. She has appeared off-Broadway in The Fantasticks. In addition to Outside Mullingar, Maloney’s Broadway credits include West Side Story, To Be Or Not To Be, Dinner at Eight, Judgment at Nuremberg, Stanley, Arcadia, Carousel, Six Degrees of Separation and Our Town. Winningham received a Tony nomination for her portrayal of Rita in Casa Valentina. She made her Broadway debut in last season’s Roundabout revival of Picnic, and has also appeared on stage in the off-Broadway drama Tribes. She has received two Emmy Awards for her work in the TV movies Amber Waves and George Wallace, as well as an Oscar nod for the 1995 film Georgia. Four stage favorites have taken home honors from the Actors’ Equity Foundation. Mare Winningham and Peter Maloney have received the 2014 Richard Seff Award for their performances in Casa Valentina and Outside Mullingar, respectively. The award honors a veteran male and female character actor for the best performance in a supporting role in a Broadway or off-Broadway show. Additionally, The Bridges of Madison County’s Whitney Bashor and Hand to God’s Steven Boyer were awarded the 2014 Clarence Derwent Award for most promising female and male performers. View Comments
6SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr by: Charisse JonesIt may be time to redefine retirement.A new survey of American workers from the Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies found that 82% of the respondents age 60 and older either are, or expect to keep working past the age of 65. Among all workers, regardless of age, 20% expect to keep on working as long as possible in their current job or a similar one.“The days of the gold-watch retirement where we have an office party and maybe some punch and cookies and never work again are more mythical than a reality,” said Catherine Collinson, president of the retirement studies center. “Very few workers actually envision that type of retirement and many plan to keep on working part-time even after they retire.“It even raises the question is retirement the right word.”The new retirement horizon should encourage employers to reconsider the way they view their staffing.“It’s a call to action … to really revisit basic workforce management principles,” Collinson says, “The reality is that as a society we have workers who are looking to work much longer than 20 or 30 years. They’re also an important part of the economy because they’re consumers as well. ” continue reading »
This was confirmed by the representatives of TUI, led by Mahmut Kansu, Director of Foreign Market Development. Thus, TUI is announcing a 20 percent increase in Russian guests, and they are very satisfied with the cooperation with Croatian hoteliers and the available capacities this year. The Croatian delegation also met with representatives of the tour operator PAKS, whose director and co-owner Vitlalij Cizikov announced a growth of 15 percent and stressed that a significant part of their offer relates to Croatian destinations. “Russian tourists spend the most nights in Croatia in Istria, Split-Dalmatia County and Kvarner. In addition to the growth of tourist traffic, our goal is to approach and position the Croatian continental offer in this large and potent market. “, believes the director of the Croatian Tourist Board Kristjan Staničić, adding that during the last year in Croatia there were more than 135 thousand arrivals and more than 932 thousand overnight stays of Russian tourists. As part of the Croatian stand, five co-exhibitors present their offer, including the Zagreb Tourist Board, Atlantis Travel, Istarski dvori 2, Lošinj Hotels & Villas and Croatia Yachting. The Director of the CNTB Representation in Russia, Rajko Ružička, emphasized that based on the first information and the meetings held, it can be concluded that there is great interest in Croatia, which is why positive trends and growth in tourist traffic are expected to continue. “Positive growth in arrivals, which according to the announcements should be higher than 20 percent, is expected not only from the Russian market but also from the Ukrainian market. This is the result of numerous promotional activities that we carry out during the year, with the greatest attention being paid to the presentation of health and nautical tourism, which are the most recognizable segments of our tourist offer among Russians. “, concluded Ružička. “Russia is a significant emitting market for Croatia, which, among other things, is confirmed by the daily consumption of Russian tourists, which is 50 percent higher than the average. It is important for us to continue good tourism cooperation and strengthen our visibility in this market. I am extremely pleased that the largest Russian tour operators have recognized our continuous work on improving quality, which is why they have created additional offers for Croatia. “, said the State Secretary of the Ministry of Tourism, Tonči Glavina. The Croatian National Tourist Board is once again presenting the Croatian tourist offer at the MITT fair, which is being held in its 26th edition in Moscow until March 14. It is the largest tourism fair in the Russian Federation, which is one of the top 5 tourism fairs in the world. Namely, about 2000 companies and representatives of about two hundred international tourist destinations are participating in the fair this year as well, and it is expected that about 30.000 visitors will visit the fair.
Apple announced on Saturday the closure of its stores, corporate offices and contact centres in mainland China until February 9 due to the new coronavirus epidemic.The virus has prompted the government extend the Lunar New Year holiday through this weekend in a bid to contain its spread, but many provinces and cities have called on companies to delay their return to work.”Our thoughts are with the people most immediately affected by the coronavirus and with those working around the clock to study and contain it,” Apple said in a statement. It added the closure was decided “out of an abundance of caution and based on the latest advice from leading health experts”.Apple’s online store remains open and the company said it would closely monitor the situation.China is home to the firm’s third-biggest consumer market and much of its supply chain.But like every company in China, it has been affected by the virus that has killed 259 people and infected nearly 12,000. Some of Apple’s suppliers are based in the area near Wuhan, the city at the centre of the outbreak.Apple chief Tim Cook said on Tuesday that the company was working on “mitigation plans” to make up for production loss with alternate sources.The company had already closed one of its Wuhan stores while some retail partners have shuttered their shops or cut hours of business.Taiwanese tech giant Foxconn, which makes iPhone products, is keeping its Chinese factories closed until mid-February and is allowing local employees to delay their return after the new year break.Topics :
“You do not scare me that you will jail me in the International Criminal Court. I will never allow myself to answer these whites,” Duterte said. In a speech on Friday, President Duterte insisted that he will not cooperate with foreigners if put on trial over thousands of deaths in his crackdown, during which activists say crimes against humanity were committed. MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte dared the International Criminal Court (ICC) to put him behind the bars or hang him over alleged extrajudicial killings in his war on drugs. “I will never, never, never answer any question coming from you. I am only responsible to the Filipino. Filipinos will judge,” says President Rodrigo Duterte, challenging the International Criminal Court alleged extrajudicial killings in his war on drugs. AP Duterte responded by unilaterally canceling his country’s membership of the court a month later, without legislative approval, saying it had deprived him of a presumption of innocence. Amnesty International called his move “misguided” and “cowardly.” Duterte has repeatedly criticized the ICC and threatened to slap or arrest its prosecutor, who in February 2018 announced a preliminary examination was being conducted into the drugs killings. “I will never, never, never answer any question coming from you. It’s bullshit to me. I am only responsible to the Filipino. Filipinos will judge,” he added. “And if you hang me for all what I did, go ahead. It will be my pleasure.” Duterte’s anti-drugs crackdown has reportedly led to systematic executions and police cover-ups. Police reject that and say the nearly 7,000 people they have killed were armed drug suspects who resisted arrest./PN In a scheduled Dec. 5 report on its activities worldwide, the ICC said it had “significantly advanced” its examination and aimed to finalize it in 2020, then decide whether to seek a formal investigation.
“Mr. Healthcare” former senator JV Ejercito (3rd from left) receives a plaque of appreciation from Passi City’s Mayor Stephen Palmares (center) and Vice Mayor Jesry Palmares. Ejercito was in Passi City last night as guest of honor during the coronation of the fiesta queen and king of Passi City. Ejercito further said that Ilonggos,and Filipinos in general, stand to benefit from the implementation of theUniversal Health Care (UHC) Law that he fought hard for and defended in theSenate to become a law, thereby earning him the moniker “Mr. Healthcare”. ILOILO City – Former senator JV “Mr.Healthcare” Ejercito is set to visit today the ongoing construction of WesternVisayas Medical Center’s (WVMC) six-storey Regional Heart and Lung SpecialtyCenter which he facilitated when he was the chairperson of the Senate Committeeon Health. “I am also happy to inform you thatthe expansion of Western Visayas Medical Center’s bed capacity to 700 from 425will be deliberated upon next week in the House. Cong. (Julienne) Jam Barondainformed me about it yesterday. This was our priority when I was the SenateCommittee on Health chairperson, but we ran out of time, so she filed it in theLower House when she came in. And I am glad about the development because it ismoving a bit fast. Magaling talaga si Cong.Jam,” said Ejercito. Congress allocated P172.4 billion inthe General Appropriations Act for the implementation of the Universal HealthCare Act. “AngUHC aybatas na naglalayon na siguraduhin na ang bawat Pilipino ay magkakaroon ngisang malusog na pamumuhay. Ito ay magbibigay daan tungo sa isangkumprehensibong serbisyong pangkalusugan na malayo sa pinansiyal napagpapahirap,” Ejercito explained. “I will visit the project site thatwas started just last December because I want to make sure that theconstruction is on time. I know that our fellow Ilonggos are as excited as I amto have this done,” Ejercito, who arrived here yesterday as guest of honorduring the coronation of the fiesta queen and king of Passi City, told Panay News. Some P449 million was alreadyobligated for the construction of the center that will housethoracic-cardiovascular operating rooms, surgical intensive care units,coronary care units, non-invasive cardiology section, vascular section,pulmonary section, wards, and private rooms. It has a total budget requirementof P600 million. In the first year of theimplementation, Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) will offer free medicalcheckup, laboratory tests and give basic medicines to patients./PN
ROXAS City – Police personnel in thisprovince nabbed at least 58 Capizeños violating curfew hours, which was imposeddue to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. The violators, who were caught fromMarch 18 to April 5, include seven minors and three females, a report fromCapiz Police Provincial Office (CPPO) showed. Also excluded from the curfew are food serviceand delivery crew; those who fetch their employees from work, village officialsand Barangay Peacekeeping Action Teams, who have been deputized as curfewenforcers in their localities; law enforcers with specific mission orders; andBusiness Process Outsourcing workers, provided they can also show ID, proof ofduty, or hours of work. Persons on emergency health situations are also excusedfrom the curfew. Memorandum Order No. 36-A, or the implementingguidelines of EO No. 11 by Contreras directs law enforcers to observe maximumtolerance in sending violators home. Authorities, however, may file charges forviolation of Republic Act 9271, or the Quarantine Act of 2004 and vagrancy lawunder the Revised Penal Code if violators refuse to follow orders during curfewhours.(With a report from PIA/PN) Gov. Esteban Evan Contreras’ strict 8p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew is part of the Executive Order (EO) No. 11 he issued tofurther strengthen strict quarantine procedures in the province to supress thespread of COVID-19. The governor added that those exemptedfrom the curfew are only the following: government and private employees, which include health workers;personnel of the Metro Roxas Water District; Capiz Electric Cooperative andNational Grid Corporation of the Philippines; firemen; emergency responders ofCapiz Emergency Response Team and Roxas City Emergency Response Team;Philippine Red Cross; and mediamen, provided that they present theiridentification (ID) cards and certification of employment when their workschedules are within restricted hours. Gov. Esteban Evan Contreras Contreras said in a video message: “Iam asking for your cooperation to follow the curfew hours and home quarantine.”